Denali State Park
★ Minimum Occupancy: 1 Guest
★ Maximum Occupancy: 8 Guests
★ Site Access Method: Drive in, Walk in
★ Stay Limit: 5 Nights
★ Check-in/out Time: 12:00pm
★ Pets Allowed: Yes**
★ Fees: (see fee page)
★ Cabin Dimensions: 16' x 20'
★ Heating Method: Wood (Bring your own wood)
★ Fire Ring
★ Picnic Table
★ Firewood available for sale
★ Hiking Trail
★ Vaulted Toilet 250ft away
★ Denali and Alaska Range views
A beautiful log cabin Alaskan-built in 2016 as part of the first phase of the South Denali Project. This cabin has a wood stove, table, benches, built-in wood sleeping bunks, and a covered deck. A16'x10' loft is accessed by spiral stairs and is extra space for sleeping on the floor or gear storage. No mattresses, bedding, or cookware are provided. A combination lock provides security on one door (combination provided upon reservation). Vaulted toilets are nearby. Includes an outdoor deck with a spectacular view of Denali and the Alaska Range. ADA accessible.
The loop road into the Tent Campground is not plowed in the winter. Groomed ski trails may be available when snow conditions are favorable. Visitors and cabin renters must park their vehicles at either the day-use parking lot or parking lot before the RV/ Tent Campgrounds to access winter trails and public use cabins. Cabin renters should plan for hauling gear on unmaintained winter trails for approximately 1/10th of a mile.
Within K'esugi Ken Campground located at MP135.4 George Parks Highway. Follow the highway signs to the entrance road, two miles long up a curvy hill. All-wheel drive vehicles are recommended during winter months. Cabins are within the Tent Campground.
GPS: W150° 13.807 N62° 35.464
* The groomed winter ski trails are closed to snowmobiles, but areas are open to ride north to Troublesome Creek and beyond. Snowmobiles are allowed for general access to the cabins when sufficient snow is available. When the Chulitna River freezes well, crossing it opens vast expanses to riding in the foothills of the Alaska Range, and the groomed snowmobile trails in the Bunco Lake/Peters hills area. Off-road vehicles are prohibited in Denali State Park. Snowmobile openings announced when there is sufficient snow cover to protect underlying vegetation. Check the Denali State Park park condition reports for trail conditions and snowmobile openings.
** Pets must be under control at all times and you are responsible for cleaning up your pet's waste.
Pack out everything you pack in.
Check Availablility on Reserve America
This cabin has a combination lock on the door. Once you make a reservation, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from Reserve America with important information about the cabin, including a combination for the door lock. Print out this confirmation e-mail and bring it with you to the cabin. If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail within 24 hours of making the reservation, please contact the reservation call center at 1-844-351-9733 9am-5pm..
Remember that these cabins are not hotels. Always be prepared! Be sure to bring:
- Sleeping bag and pad or air mattress
- Cookware, dishes, utensils
- Cooking stove and fuel
- Matches, lighters, paper fire starter
- 9-volt battery for smoke detectors
- First aid items
- Plastic trash bags
- Jug of water
- Saw or axe, just in case
- Lantern and fuel