Land and Water Conservation Fund Grant Program
Purpose: The Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF) grant program can provide up to 50% matching assistance for land acquisition and development of public outdoor recreational facilities. The LWCF program, developed by the National Park Service, is administered by the State of Alaska Division of Parks and Outdoor Recreation.
Eligibility: State, regional, or local governments with the authority to provide outdoor recreation services on public lands are eligible to apply. Only one application per sponsor will be accepted.
Amount Available: For this open competitive grant cycle, we anticipate distributing $360,911. We will accept applications requesting no less than $50,000 and no more than $125,000 in LWCF grant assistance. Since this is a 50-50 reimbursable matching program, an applicant’s total project costs would be at least double the grant request.
Application Deadline: Preliminary applications must be received by 5:00 PM on Friday, Feb. 1, 2013. Please submit all required information to the following:
Jean Ayers, LWCF Grants Administrator
State of Alaska: Dept. of Natural Resources
Division of Parks & Outdoor Recreation
550 West 7th Avenue, Suite 1380
Anchorage, AK 99501
1. Read the LWCF information booklet titled Land and Water Conservation Fund: State of Alaska Grant Program.
2. Review State and community priorities listed in the SCORP Summary: 2009-2014, pages 6 & 7
3. Review the Alaska's Outdoor Legacy, Statewide Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan (SCORP), 2009-2014
4. Review the Rating Form.
5. Complete an LWCF Preliminary Application.
6. Submit all required information by the deadline.
Questions: For more information, please contact the LWCF Grants Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-269-8694.