Promoting Safe and Enjoyable Boating in Alaska
- Cold Water Survivors is a new instructional video for teens that reinforces the learning objectives of the Kids Donít Float Education program on the topic of cold water immersion and the importance of wearing life jackets. It recently received an Emmy Award from the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, Northwest Chapter at their 51st annual award ceremony.
- Kids Donít Float 100,000 Participants celebration - Kids Don't Float Fashion Show
- The Alaska Office of Boating Safety offers Alaska Water Wise courses throughout Alaska. This eight-hour course designed for Alaskans is approved by the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA) and recognized by the U.S. Coast Guard. The course satisfies most states boating safety education requirements and may even qualify boaters for boat insurance discounts.
Upcoming Alaska Water Wise courses:
• Anchorage - July 15/17 & July 22/24 (two hour sessions)
• Fairbanks - July 25 (all day course)
The course is free but pre-registration is encouraged. For more information contact Joseph McCullough, 907-269.8704 or by email Joseph McCullough.
- The Navigation Rules of the Road reference guide.
- What do you need to carry on your boat to be legal in Alaska? The Alaska Requirements Summary, is a quick reference guide for boaters.