Chugach State Park
★ Minimum Occupancy: 1 Guest
★ Maximum Occupancy: 8 Guests
★ Site Access Method: No road or trail access to cabin; Summer - Kayak or Canoe access; Winter - crossing Eklutna Lake by Snowshoe or Ski*
★ Stay Limit: 5 Nights
★ Check-in/out Time: 12:00pm
★ Pets Allowed: Yes**
★ Fees: (see fee page)
★ Cabin Dimensions: 16' x 20'
★ Heating Method: Woodfire Stove (Bring your own wood)
★ Fire Ring
★ Picnic Table
★ Covered Porch
Eklutna Lake Map and Trail Guide
The Kokanee Remote Cabin is located on the Southwest shore of Eklutna Lake. There is no trail or road to the cabin. The cabin is located 3.75 miles south of the put-in near the parking lot at the north end of the lake. This is a ‘hand-carry’ launch/put-in. Water levels fluctuate dramatically by season; the distance to the water is usually longest in early summer. The cabin is tucked away in the woods, but look for it poking through the trees on the southwest side of the lake as you get near. From the top of the beach you’ll find a gravel trail leading to the cabin.
Southwest shore of Eklutna Lake.
GPS N 61 23.465', W 149 03.557'
* The trip across Eklutna Lake can present many challenges and hazards. In the summer winds can build waves on the lake quickly and the journey is recommended only for experienced paddlers. Fatalities have occurred. Winter users should be prepared to measure ice thickness themselves and assess ice safety. THE CABIN WILL NOT BE ACCESSABLE DURING FALL FREEZE-UP OR SPRING BREAK-UP. The trip can only be made with solid ice or open water. Please contact Chugach State Park for current conditions.
Eklutna Lake is not open to gas-powered outboard motors or float planes. Only non-motorized watercraft or electric trolling motors are permitted.
** pets must be under control at all times and you are responsible cleaning up your pet’s waste.
Pack out what you pack in!
Check Availability on Reserve America
Once you make a
reservation, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from Reserve America with important
information about the cabin. Print out
this confirmation e-mail and bring it with you to the cabin. If you do not receive a
confirmation e-mail within 24 hours of making the reservation, please contact the DNR Public
Information Center at (907) 269-8400 Mon - Fri 10am-5pm.
Remember that these cabins are not hotels. Always be prepared! Be sure to bring:
- Sleeping bag and pad or air mattress
- Cookware, dishes, utensils
- Cooking stove and fuel
- Matches, lighters, paper fire starter
- 9-volt battery for smoke detectors
- First aid items
- Plastic trash bags
- Jug of water
- Saw or ax, just in case
- Lantern and fuel