Denali State Park
★ Minimum Occupancy: 1 Guest
★ Maximum Occupancy: 10 Guests
★ Site Access Method: Drive in, walk in
★ Stay Limit: 5 Nights
★ Check-in/out Time: 12:00pm
★ Pets Allowed: Yes**
★ Fees: (see fee page)
★ Cabin Dimensions: 24' x 30'
★ Heating Method: Wood (Bring your own wood)
★ Fire Ring
★ Picnic Table
★ Firewood available for sale
★ Hiking Trail
★ Vaulted Toilet 250ft away
★ Limited Electricity
★ Running water in sink in summer months only
If you are renting this cabin during the summer months, be advised that the K'esugi Ken campground host RV parking spot is next to this cabin.
Spacious log cabin doubles as a campground host residence in summer months and may not be available during that time. Includes woodstove, counter with sink, two small tables and benches. Cabin has limited electricity for lights and small accessories (electric heaters or hotplates will not work). Bringing alternate lighting recommended, power outages are frequent. A small bedroom has one 60"x80" wood sleeping platform. The 20'x12' loft is accessed by spiral stairs and is extra space for sleeping on the floor or gear. The cabin sleeps up to 12 people. Walking/hiking trails, biking, skiing popular activities. A combination lock provides security on one door. ADA accessible.
Within K’esugi Ken Campground located at MP 135.4 George Parks Highway. Follow the highway signs to the entrance road, two miles long up a curvy hill. All-wheel drive vehicles are recommended during winter months. Cabins are within the tent campground, follow signs.
GPS: W150° 13.807 N62° 35.464
* Winter ski trails are closed to snowmobiles, but areas are open to ride north to Troublesome Creek and beyond. Snowmobiles allowed for general access to the cabins with sufficient snow. When the Chulitna River freezes well, crossing it opens vast expanses to riding in the foothills of the Alaska Range, and the groomed snowmobile trails in the Bunco Lake/Peters hills area. Off-road vehicles prohibited in the park. Snowmobile openings announced when there is sufficient snow cover to protect underlying vegetation. Check the Denali State Park park condition reports for trail conditions and snowmobile openings.
** Pets must be under control at all times and you are responsible for cleaning up your pet’s waste.
Pack out everything you pack in.
Check Availablility on Reserve America
This cabin has a combination lock on the door. Once you make a reservation, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from Reserve America with important information about the cabin, including a combination for the door lock. Print out this confirmation e-mail and bring it with you to the cabin. If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail within 24 hours of making the reservation, please contact the reservation call center at 1-844-351-9733 7am-7pm AKST..
Remember that these cabins are not hotels. Always be prepared! Be sure to bring:
- Sleeping bag and pad or air mattress
- Cookware, dishes, utensils
- Cooking stove and fuel
- Matches, lighters, paper fire starter
- 9-volt battery for smoke detectors
- First aid items
- Plastic trash bags
- Jug of water
- Saw or axe, just in case
- Lantern and fuel