Remote Recreation Cabin Sites Staking Program
In 1997, the legislature passed a new law, AS 38.05.600, the Remote Recreational Cabin Site program. This program allows Alaska residents to stake a parcel of state land in a designated remote staking area, lease the land until DNR completes the survey and appraisal, and then purchase the land at market value. Regulations implementing the program are 11 AAC 67.800 - 11 AAC 67.850.
2012 Online Brochure
Landsale Public Notices
Follow us on Facebook (Facebook.com/AlaskaLand)
and Twitter (Twitter.com/LandforAlaskans) for announcements on areas we plan to offer
or sign up for our automatic email notification list.
The next Remote Recreational Cabin Site Offering will be in the Fall of 2014. Please check back in September for more details.
- Past Offerings (includes brochures, winners, staking maps,)
- 2012 Staking Workshop Presentation Slides
- Base Appraisal Reports
- Declaration of Intent
- Veteran Eligibility Application / Affidavit, Waiver of Veteran's Discount Eligibility
- Remote Recreational Cabin Sites
- Remote Recreational Cabin Sites Staking Program and the Appraisal Process