Remote Recreation Cabin Sites Staking Program
In 1997, the legislature passed a new law, AS 38.05.600, the Remote Recreational Cabin Site program. This program allows Alaska residents to stake a parcel of state land in a designated remote staking area, lease the land until DNR completes the survey and appraisal, and then purchase the land at market value. Regulations implementing the program are 11 AAC 67.800 - 11 AAC 67.850.
2014 Offering 12 Staking Workshop Schedules
~ updated 01/07/15;
new Dillingham location
Landsale Public Notices
Follow us on Facebook (Facebook.com/AlaskaLand)
and Twitter (Twitter.com/LandforAlaskans) for announcements on areas we plan to offer
or sign up for our automatic email notification list.
- Past Offerings (includes brochures, winners, staking maps,)
- 2012 Staking Workshop Presentation Slides
- Base Appraisal Reports
- Declaration of Intent
- Veteran Eligibility Application / Affidavit, Waiver of Veteran's Discount Eligibility
- Remote Recreational Cabin Sites
- Remote Recreational Cabin Sites Staking Program and the Appraisal Process