Promoting Safe and Enjoyable Boating in Alaska
- Our newest video "Cold Water Survivors" is now available for viewing on YouTube. The video supplements the Kids Dont Float Schools Program curriculum with a real life story, and features key messages about cold water immersion and the importance of wearing life jackets.
- Spring is almost here and folks are starting to think about boating in our wonderful state. Make a boating safety class part of your preparation. The Alaska Office of Boating Safety is offering several Alaska Water Wise courses throughout Alaska this spring.
Kodiak March 8
Kenai March 15
Anchorage April 26
Bethel June 19
This eight-hour course designed for Alaskans is approved by the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA) and recognized by the U.S. Coast Guard. The course satisfies most states boating safety education requirements and may even qualify boaters for boat insurance discounts.
The course is free but pre-registration is encouraged. For more information contact Joseph McCullough, 907-269.8704 or by email Joseph McCullough.
- Kids Dont Float School Program reaches 100,000 participants
- The Navigation Rules of the Road reference guide.
- What do you need to carry on your boat to be legal in Alaska? The Alaska Requirements Summary, is a quick reference guide for boaters.