Promoting Safe and Enjoyable Boating in Alaska
- Lights, camera, action! Have you ever wanted to direct your own movie and become the lead actor or actress? The Alaska Office of Boating Safety is seeking video submissions for a chance to be aired on Alaska television stations during National Safe Boating Week in May 2015. The contest ends on February 13, 2015.
View video contest rules and forms.
- The Alaska Office of Boating Safety is accepting nominations for Alaska Boating Safety Educator of the Year Award. Nominees should be a person or group who has made significant contributions to, and/or demonstrated outstanding performance in boating safety education during the year. Nominations (500 words or less) should be sent to Joseph McCullough or 550 West 7th Avenue, Suite 1380, Anchorage, Alaska 99501 and due by December 31, 2014.
- The Alaska Office of Boating Safety is offering Alaska Water Wise; a FREE boating course designed for Alaskans, January 10, 2015 at the Fire Hall in Seward, Alaska from 9am-6pm and in Anchorage on February 21, 2014. For more information or to register contact Joe McCullough at (907) 269-8704 or Joseph McCullough
- Spread the word, life jackets save lives. Please share this thirty second message, encouraging boaters to visit PledgeToLive.org
- Cold Water Survivors is a new instructional video for teens that reinforces the learning objectives of the Kids Donít Float Education program on the topic of cold water immersion and the importance of wearing life jackets. It recently received an Emmy Award from the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, Northwest Chapter at their 51st annual award ceremony.