Jumbo Dome Mine (application number S-0606) was initially issued February 21, 2012 and consists of approximately 3,237.7 acres located within: Sections 27, 28, 33, and 34, Township 10 South, Range 6 West, and Sections 3-5, 8, and 9, Township 11 South, Range 6 West, Fairbanks Meridian.
Application for Renewal of Permit S-0606
A request to renew Surface Coal Mining Permits S-0606 was filed with the Division of Mining, Land and Water on May 27, 2016. Renewal of the permits has been requested in accordance with AS 27.21.080(d) and 11 AAC 90.129(b).
- 2017 Preliminary Findings of Fact (PDF) (posted 1/17/2017)
- 2017 Public Notice (PDF) (posted 1/17/2017)
- Application for Intent to Renew Jumbo Dome Mine (PDF) (posted 1/17/2017)
- Part A: Application and Mine Site Identification (PDF) (posted 1/17/2017)
- Part B: Legal, Financial and Compliance Information (PDF) (posted 1/17/2017)
- Part C: Environmental Resource Information (PDF) (posted 1/17/2017)
- Part D: Operation and Reclamation Plan (PDF) (posted 1/17/2017)
- Part E: Special Categories of Mining (PDF) (posted 1/17/2017)
For more information about the permitting process for the coal permit renewal process contact:.
For more information contact:
Russell Kirkham, Coal Regulatory Program Manager
Division of Mining, Land & Water
550 West 7th Avenue, Suite 920
Anchorage, AK 99501-3577
Email: Russell Kirkham