Aquatic Farming Program
Aquatic Farm News!
Greetings aquatic farmers, industry members, and interested parties;
DNR is in the process of updating and revising regulations associated with the Aquatic Farm Statute AS 38.05.083. As a first step toward drafting a new regulatory package (which will be released for review and comment once it is drafted), we are seeking input from aquatic farmers, industry members, interested parties, and members of the general public. Specifically, we are looking for you to identify existing regulations you believe are inconsistent with the statutes (AS 38.05.070 and 38.05.083) and propose alternatives. In addition, we are looking for ways the industry and its members can provide us with a set of measurement standards to evaluate the 'commercial success' of an aquatic farmsite.
The Public Comment period will run from March 1, 2014-April 30, 2014 and comments will be accepted via email, USPS, or comment online here.
To facilitate the comment process, we will be hosting a series of informal public scoping meetings.
Meeting dates, time and location are as follows:
- March 10, 2014 6 PM-8PM at the Islands and Oceans Center, Homer, Alaska
- March 24, 2014 6PM-8PM in the Hickel Room, Centennial Hall, Juneau, Alaska
- April 22, 2014 5PM-7PM Webinar, Anchorage, Alaska (download instructions here)
For more information or questions about the process, please contact Christy Colles at (907) 269-8543 or email email@example.com
- Project Update: A brief presentation to summarize the goals and objectives of the Public Scoping Process
- Agenda and Intro for Public Scoping Meetings
- Current Aquatic Farm Regulations (11 AAC 63)
550 W. 7th Ave., Suite 900C
Dept. of Fish and Game
Dept. of Environmental Conservation Seafood Program
555 Cordova Street, 5th FL
Anchorage AK 99501
Phone: (907) 269-7638
Fax: (907) 269-7510