Welcome to the Office of Project Management & Permitting Homepage
Large Project Coordination
The Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Office of Project Management and Permitting (OPMP) coordinates the review of larger scale projects in the State. Because of the complexity and potential impact of these projects on multiple divisions or agencies, these projects typically benefit from a single primary point of contact. A project coordinator is assigned to each project in order to facilitate interagency coordination and a cooperative working relationship with the project proponent.
The project coordinator is responsible for ensuring that the project moves forward in a coordinated manner with minimum duplication. The office deals with a diverse mix of projects including transportation, oil and gas, mining, timber and alternative energy. Every project is different and involves a different mix of agencies, permitting requirements, statutory responsibilities, and resource management responsibilities. The project coordinator facilitates these connections for the project and helps to steer the project through the state approval process.
Federal Grants and Land Use Planning
In addition to large project coordination OPMP also coordinates the State's input on a variety of federal land use plans, including ANILCA coordination for planning efforts in conservation system units (CSUs) in Alaska. OPMP also coordinates the State's participation in a variety of federal grant programs, including the Coastal Impact Assistance Program (CIAP), which provides funding to mitigate the impacts of oil and gas activities on federal lands and waters of the Outer Continental Shelf (OCS).
Tom Crafford, Director
ExxonMobil proposes to develop oil and gas leases on the North Slope.
Proposal to develop a gold deposit located on Kuskokwim Corp/Calista Corp lands northwest of Anchorage.
State coordination for the BLM Resource Management Plan in the Eastern Interior Planning Area.
Large Project Coordination
- Sara Longan, Large Project Manager, 269-8732
- Sharmon Stambaugh, Lg Proj Coordinator, 269-0880
- Kyle Moselle, Lg Proj Coordinator (JNU), 465-6849
- Jeff Bruno, Large Project Coordinator, 269-7476
- Marie Steele, Large Project Coordinator, 334-2185
- Kate Dueber, Graduate Intern, 334-2185
- Sara Taylor, Large Project Coordinator, 269-3645
Fed Land Use Plans & Grants / EVOS / OSRR
- Samantha Carroll, Lg Project Coordinator, 269-8425
- Susan Magee, ANILCA Program Coordinator, 269-7529
- Jennifer Wing, ANILCA Project Coordinator, 334-2563
Coastal Impact Assistance Program
- Sylvia Kreel, CIAP Project Coordinator (JNU), 465-3177
- Stacey Norman, CIAP Grants Administrator(JNU), 465-3937