Permits for Wood-Tikchik State Park

Upper Tikchik Lakes and Tikchik River Permits
Special Use Permits are required to float the Tikchik River or to camp on or around Nishlik, Slate, Upnuk or Chikuminuk Lakes.  Permits are  issued the Dillingham field office and are limited, available on a first come first served basis. A non-refundable $100 permit fee is required.

Upper Tikchik Lakes and Tikchik River Special Park Use Permit Application

Commercial Park Use Permits

Persons conducting commercial activities within Wood-Tikchik State Park must obtain, in advance, a permit issued by the Division of Parks and Outdoor Recreation per State of Alaska regulations. Examples of Commercial activities include guided activities, outfitting, commercial photography and filming, charter services, transportation services, etc.

Applications may be submitted in person; by mail or via email:

Once the permitting process is completed, the Commercial Operator will receive the permit and at that time will be authorized to conduct the permitted activity in the park. Commercial Operators are not authorized to operate in the park until the permit has been issued.

All vehicles that operate commercially within the Alaska State Park system must be registered commercially with the Alaska Division of Motor Vehicles. A copy of the registration must be given to the permitting office. A vehicle decal will be issued and is to be permanently affixed to the lower corner of the driver side of the windshield.

Commercial Park Use Permit Information and Application


Special Park Use Permits

Special Use Permits are required for a wide variety of special events, such as those listed below.  A special use permit is not required for regular recreation activities.

For a complete list of commercial and non-commercial activity fees, please read the current Director's Order on State Park Fees.

• Groups of 20 or more people.
Example: Company picnic or family reunion.

• Other organized events.
Example: Weddings.

• Conducting scientific research.
Example: Collecting plants for scientific study, collection, or educational purposes.

Included with the Special Use Permit will be a list of standard, general stipulations. Permits may also include additional stipulations customized to your specific situation.

Special Park Use Permit Application