State Park Permits
Special Use Permits
are issued by Alaska State Parks for a wide variety of special events,
such as those listed below. A special use permit is not required for regular
For a complete list of commercial and non-commercial activity fees, please read the current Director's Order on State Park Fees.
- Groups of 20 or more people.
- Example - company picnic or family reunion.
- Organized athletic events or competitive recreational events.
- Example - trail race or ski event.
- Other organized events.
- Example - weddings.
- Commercial Filming.
- Example - Motion pictures, television filming.
- Guided Tours.
- Example - guided hunting, fishing and hiking trips.
- Conducting scientific research.
- Example - collecting plants for scientific study, collection, or educational purposes.
- Camping longer than 15 days in a developed campsite.
- Example - have friends or family visiting in their own RV for three weeks.
- Additional vehicles at a campsite.
- Example - family visiting from Outside, so let's go camping.
Camping within the upper Wood-Tikchik Management Area.
With a special use permit, some park facilities can be reserved for exclusive
use, such as picnic shelters and group use sites. For events such as a
trail race or plant gathering, where a specific facility is not needed,
a permit must still be issued and the area of the park used must be shared
with other park visitors.
Click here for a list of state park facilities that can be reserved and their associated fees.
The special use permit application is in a pdf format. You must have Acrobat reader 3.0 or greater on your computer to be able to view and print this file. If you do not have this software, it can be downloaded for free by clicking on the Acrobat button below. From their web site, follow their instructions and choose the the appropriate type of Acrobat Reader for your computer. If you have Acrobat Reader version 3.0 or greater, or have finished downloading it, click the permit title below.
With the application is a list of standard, general stipulations. When you are issued a permit, it may include additional stipulations customized to your situation.
Return to State Park Permit Home Page.