Promoting Safe and Enjoyable Boating in Alaska
- Governor Walker proclaims May 20 -26 Safe Boating Week in Alaska
- The Alaska Office of Boating Safety wins six awards at the International Boating and Water Safety Summit.
- Announcing a non-pyrotechnic SOS distress light that complies with state and U.S. Coast Guard requirements for night visual distress signals.
- The Alaska Office of Boating Safety offers Alaska Water Wise, a free boating course designed specifically for Alaskans. This eight-hour course meets the American national standard for boating courses, satisfies most states boating education requirements, and may qualify owners for boat insurance discounts. For more information on course content, or how to schedule or register for a course, contact Joe McCullough at (907) 269-8704 or Joseph McCullough.
Courses currently scheduled:
• May 17 in Fairbanks
- The Alaska Office of Boating Safety offers Kids Don't Float classes and pool sessions for schools and other groups statewide. To schedule a class or pool session, contact Kelli Toth at (907) 269-6042 or Kelli Toth