State of Alaska Public Access Assertion and Defense
The State of Alaska Public Access Assertion and Defense needs your assistance to help preserve public access on Alaska roads and trails!
Do you have personal knowledge of historical use of any secondary or primitive road or trail in Alaska before 1968? If you have this knowledge, please share that information with us:
A sample of the information that we need is described below:
- Local name of the trail, if established.
- Provide the best trail description possible from one point to the next. Useful information would include section, township, range, meridian, USGS quadrangle map coordinates, survey or other geographical descriptions.
- Let us know if you have any supporting documentation such as photographs or maps that you would like to share with us. We may ask you to send a copy via mail or email.
- Identify what type of travel: by ATV, foot, dogsled, snow machines, trucks, etc.
- Describe why you used this trail (to get from point A to point B).
- Describe what activities were associated with the trail use: i.e., hunting, fishing, mining, subsistence, or other outdoor activities.
- Describe if the trail is used only in winter or summer or if the trail is used year-round.
- During what years did you use this trail? How many years of consistent use occurred on this trail?
- Also, please provide your name, mailing address and phone number so that we may contact you for further information.