Realty Services Index
Division of Mining, Land & Water
Department of Natural Resources
Robert A. Atwood Building,
550 W. 7th Ave., Suite 1050A
Anchorage, AK 99501-3579
Phone: (907) 269-8608
Fax: (907) 269-8935
- Grant Land - Acquire land from the Federal Government, Bureau of Land Management, as an incidence of Statehood.
- Other State Land (OSL) - Acquire land from other source authorities, such as direct purchase, donation, escheat, condemnation, and special congressional legislation.
- Limited State Holding (LSH) - Acquire less than fee title interests, such as easements, airspace easements, clear zone easements, rights of ways, leases, fish weir permits, conservation easements, equitable servitude, etc., from other source authorities, such as direct purchase, donation, escheat, condemnation, and special congressional legislation.
Issue Land Conveyance Documents
- Issue Patents and Quit Claim Deeds as a result of completion of all requirements of a disposal authority to pass title to private individuals, corporations, private sector entities, Municipalities, Boroughs, and other government entities.
Provide Land Title Reports
- Provide Land Title Analysis and Land Title Reports for all State of Alaska land and mineral interest actions; such as: acquisition and disposal of land and mineral interests, oil and gas lease interests, and Project Type Reports for other agencies, the Attorney Generals Office, and the Joint Pipeline Office. This includes Web based Title Report Information for the Trans-Alaska Oil Pipeline, and Trans-Alaska Gas Pipeline projects.
Provide Land Title Defense
- Respond to litigation in support with the State Attorney General's Office.
- Respond to litigation and litigation settlement support for issues such as: School Trust Lands Litigation, and Mental Health Trust Lands Settlement.
- Respond to Native Allotment claims as relates to State of Alaska land title and public access.
- Respond to Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA) claims as relates to State of Alaska land title and public access.
- Respond to ANCSA Sec. 17(b) easement claims as relates to State of Alaska land title and public access.
- Respond to Navigable Water Body Determination information support needs.
- Respond to RS 2477 assertion support needs as relates to the assertion of ownership or a granted easement to trails and roads which provide public access between communities, along and to waterways, and to applicable areas of the State of Alaska.
Maintain Records of State Ownership
- Maintain hardcopy casefiles of all documents related to the acquisition and disposal of all State of Alaska land and mineral interests.
- Maintain computer records as relates to the acquisition and disposal of all State of Alaska land and mineral interests.
- Support maintenance of graphic land title status plat records.