Platting Authority for the Unorganized Borough
On May 20, 1998 AS 40.15 was amended and Article 4, “Platting in Areas Outside Certain Municipalities” was added , which took affect on August 18, 1998. This established the Department of Natural Resources as the platting authority for the Unorganized Borough. Any subdivision, as defined in AS 40.15.900, must be platted and approved by a platting authority in order to be recorded.
Local platting authority is granted to organized boroughs and incorporated cities and municipalities. If your property lies within a incorporated city or borough, you should contact the appropriate office to determine whether or not they are exercising their platting authority. If you are unsure how to contact the local government, the Division of Community Advocacy maintains an online Community Database that we have found to be helpful.
- Unorganized Borough Plat Submittal Application Form
- Policy Implementation of unsurveyed remainder greater than 40 acres
- Sample Plat in pdf format
- Sample Plat in Autocad R12 dxf format
- Standard Certificate and Legend
- Standard Legend in Autocad R12 dxf format
- 2002 ACSM Conference Paper Update
Platting Officer for the Unorganized Borough
550 W 7th Ave Suite 650
Anchorage, AK 99501-3576
Land Surveyor I