Rock Creek Mine
The Rock Creek Mine is located along the west coast of Alaska on the Seward Peninsula, 6 miles north of Nome, on private lands owned by Sitnasuak Native Corporation (surface rights), Bering Straits Native Corporation (BSNC) (subsurface rights) and Alaska Gold Company, LLC (AGC) (land). The mine was operated by Alaska Gold Company, LLC (AGC), under the ownership of NOVAGOLD Resources Inc. (NOVAGOLD), from September 2008 to November 2008 when Rock Creek Mine was placed into care and maintenance. Phase I Reclamation was completed by AGC in October 2012.
Bering Straits Native Corporation purchased Alaska Gold Company, LLC and all its interests, including the Rock Creek Mine, from NOVAGOLD in November 2012. Final phases of reclamation were completed by AGC (under BSNC) in 2015 and 2016.
- Alaska Gold Company Mining Reclamation Bond June 2015 (PDF)
- Alaska Gold Company Mining Reclamation Bond February 2012 (PDF)
- DNR Verification of Phase I Reclamation Completion (PDF) (issued 10/15/2012)
- Alaska Gold Company Mining Reclamation Bond August 2006 (PDF)
- Rock Creek Mine Reclamation Plan Approval (F20159578) (PDF) (issued 5/21/2015)
- DNR Removal from State Dam Safety Jurisdiction Rock Creek Tailings Storage Facility Dam (NID no. AK00309) (PDF) (issued 9/13/2012)
- Dept of the Army Permit POA-2006-742-4, Rock Creek (PDF)(issued 8/21/06)
- Rock Creek Mine Reclamation Plan (F20159578) (PDF) (April 2015)
Annual Meetings and Annual Reports
- Rock Creek Mine & Big Hurrah Project 2016 Annual Report (PDF) (9/29/2016)
For More Information Contact
Fairbanks, AK 99709
Fax: (907) 451-2703