Bristol Bay Watershed Assessment Update
News and Announcements
June 28, 2013
State of Alaska Comments on EPA's Second External Review Draft of Bristol Bay Assessment
June 6, 2013
The comment period on the revised draft assessment is extended by EPA until June 30, 2013.
April 26, 2013
The Revised Draft Bristol Bay Watershed Assessment is now available for download or viewing from the EPA Bristol Bay website. This Executive Summary presents an overview of the revised document.
EPA will take comments on the revised draft Bristol Bay Assessment until Friday, May 31, 2013. Information on how to comment is included in the summary Fact Sheet.
On May 18, 2012, The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) released for public comment a draft study of the Bristol Bay watershed and its natural resources. The public comment period for the Draft Bristol Bay Watershed Assessment closed on July 23, 2012. Information on the study is available from EPA at:
The State of Alaska submitted comments from the Office of the Attorney General and from the Department of Natural Resources (DNR), Office of Project Management and Permitting (OPMP). DNR's comment letter attached page-specific technical comments compiled from multiple agencies. Links to the comments and supporting documents are listed below:
DNR Office of Permitting and Project Management
- July 23, 2012 Technical Comments summary letter
- July 23, 2012 Detailed Technical Comments
- August 8, 2011 Letter from DNR/OPMP Crafford to EPA Parkin
Department of Law Office of the Attorney General
- July 23, 2012 Comments on legal and process issues
- May 29, 2012 Request for 120-day comment period extension
- April 17, 2012 Additional concerns re: EPA and its Section 404(c) authority
- March 9, 2012 Concerns regarding EPA and its Section 404(c) authority
Bristol Bay Area Plan
EPA has also posted the comments it received on the study which are available at the following link:
View all public comments submitted during the comment period (Docket EPA-HQ-ORD-2012-0276)