The Pebble Project is a copper-gold-molybdenum porphyry deposit in the advanced exploration stage. The project is located on state land in the Bristol Bay Region of southwest Alaska, approximately 17 miles northwest of the community of Iliamna.
Pebble consists of two contiguous deposits. Pebble West is a near surface resource of approximately 4.1 billion metric tons. Pebble East is significantly deeper than Pebble West and contains an estimated resource at 3.4 billion metric tons.
The project is currently on hold as the Pebble Limited Partnership (PLP) reviews its options for advancing the project further.
Links to Related Information
- Bristol Bay Watershed Assessment Update
- 2012 Pebble Project Environmental Baseline Studies (ARLIS link)
- Annual Reclamation Reports
- PLP Data Releases
- Technical Working Group (TWG) Meeting Minutes
- Draft Environmental Study Plans
- Inspections and Field Reports
- Water Right Applications
- Water Withdrawal Plan (PDF)
- 2010 Unpermitted Water Withdrawals Settlement