Alaska Residents Only
Only Alaska residents may submit bids in the Sealed-Bid Auction or applications for the Remote Recreational Cabin Sites (RRCS) drawing. In addition, you must prove Alaska residency to qualify for a Veterans' Discount.
In accordance with AS 01.10.055 Residency and 11 AAC 67.005-.010 Disposal of Land Administrative Provisions (and 11 AAC 67.800 Eligibility [RRCS]), you must show you were physically present in Alaska the one year (12 months) prior to the date of the auction, the date of your RRCS drawing application, or the date of Over-the-Counter purchase, if applying for a Veteran's Discount, with the intent to remain indefinitely.
Proof of residency must include:
- A copy of your valid and current Alaska Driver’s License or State-issued ID card. If you do not have a valid, current Alaska Driver’s License or State ID card, please contact DNR Land Sales before bidding or applying to inquire about acceptable substitutions for this requirement.
- AND ONE of the following items:
- Alaska Permanent Fund Dividend confirmation of eligibility or confirmation of receipt of funds;
- Employment, unemployment, or military records;
- Current and valid occupational licenses issues by the State of Alaska;
- Income tax records showing employment in Alaska; or
- School records.
To confirm PFD eligibility or payment, follow these directions:
- Go to http://pfd.alaska.gov/.
- Click on the blue "myPFD" button.
- Click on the blue "Yes, proceed." button.
- On the "myPFDInfo Application Search" page, choose the most recent year as the Dividend Year, and fill in the remaining Applicant Details fields with your personal information.
- Click the "Submit Search" button.
- After the screen loads, print, photograph, or take a screenshot of the "PFD Information for [Your Name]" page that shows your name and the Application status.
- Send the printout or the file of the "PFD Information for [Your Name]" page to DNR Land Sales at the contact information listed below.
Proof of residency should be submitted only after you receive notification from DNR that you are the apparent high bidder in the auction or that you are an apparent winner in the RRCS drawing. Notification will include where to send your proof of residency documentation.
Public Information Offices
|Southcentral Regional Office||Northern Regional Office||Southeast Regional Office|
|550 West 7th Avenue, Suite 1260||3700 Airport Way||400 Willoughby Ave, Suite 400|
|Anchorage, AK 99501-3557||Fairbanks, AK 99709-4699||Juneau, AK 99801|
|Phone: 907-269-8400||Phone: 907-451-2705||Phone: 907-465-3400|
|Fax: 907-269-8901||Fax: 907-451-2706||Fax: 907-465-3886|