APMA / AHEA Application Forms

2013 FORMS

In an effort to reduce paperwork and processing time there are three separate multi-agency applications to permit mining and exploration in Alaska.  Hard Rock Exploration (AHEA), Suction Dredging (APMA) and Placer Mining (APMA).

Annual APMA / AHEA Applications:

  1. Cover Letter to Miner with new APMA applications
  2. Hard Rock Exploration (AHEA)
    1. AHEA tabular data template for reporting proposed activities, amendments and reclamation (Requires Microsoft Excel)
  3. Suction Dredging (APMA)
  4. Placer Mining (APMA)
  5. Miscellaneous Land Use Application Form for Cross Country Travel Only (pdf)
  6. Supplemental Inter-agency Information

Multi-Year APMA / AHEA Renewal Requirements:
For those miners who have been issued an APMA multi-year permit, the following forms still need to be submitted annually:

  1. Cover Letter to Miner with Renewal APMA applications.
  2. Reclamation page with signature.
    1. Hardrock Exploration Reclamation Signature Page
    2. Placer Mining Reclamation Signature Page
    3. Suction Dredging Reclamation Signature Page
  3. Over 5 acres – Bond renewal form.
  4. Under 5 acres – Reclamation statement
  5. Suction Dredging - Reclamation statement
  6. Other forms for amending current operations
  7. Supplemental Inter-agency Information

Hard Rock Exploration:
Hard rock exploration involves looking for gold encased in rock or minerals with the ultimate goal of studying the feasibility of developing a mine. A hard rock exploration project usually involves multiple drill cores and trenching.

Suction Dredging:
A suction dredge  consists of a sluice box supported by a flotation device (IE. Pontoon, raft, barge), attached to a suction hose which is controlled by a miner working beneath the water.

Placer Mining:
A Placer Mining operation consists of the use of mechanical equipment (IE. dozer, excavator, front end loader, etc.) to feed a wash plant (IE. shaker box, trommel, spray box) and sluice box system.  Placer operations usually involve the excavation of a pit and pond system but may include placer exploration activities such as trenching.

Applicants, whose proposed operations involved a total disturbance of less than five acres, are required to submit an Annual Reclamation Statement, whether or not activity took place this year.  (AS 27.19.050).

Miscellaneous Land Use Application for Cross Country Travel Only.
Processing Fees:
$150.00 for a single year permit, extra $50 for each additional year (up to 5 yr) for Multi-Year permit.

Return to top