Appraiser List - How to Apply
The Division of Mining Land & Water maintains a list of qualified real estate appraisers for the appraisal of state land.
If you wish your name to be considered for addition to the current list of qualified appraisers, please provide this office with the following information:
- your current mailing address,
- telephone and fax numbers,
- e-mail address, if available,
- statement of current education and experience,
- major field of appraisal practice (residential, commercial, vacant land, etc.),
- indicate specific geographic area of practice (e.g. south-central, Fairbanks & vicinity, Kenai Peninsula, etc.),
- list specialty appraisal practice (mineral rights, utility corridors, vacant land, etc.),
- number of vacant land appraisals completed during the past 3 years,
- if certified, your state certificate number,
- federal tax identification number or social security number, and
- Alaska State business license number
Submission of the above information does not guarantee addition to the list. Addition to the list does not constitute or create a work agreement with this agency. Final decision as to names to be added to the list of approved appraisers rests with the DNR Review Appraiser.
All appraisals must be reviewed and approved by DNR for compliance with DNR appraisal instructions and the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice. The appraiser list does not constitute a recommendation by DNR and does not guarantee acceptance of any appraisal submitted to DNR.
Placement on the list means only that an appraiser appears to be qualified to appraise state land, based on DNR's review of the appraiser's resume. Providing appraisals with latent errors or inadequate contract service performance can result in removal from the approved appraisers list.
For information on general appraisal requirements and acceptable appraisers, contact the Chief Review Appraiser at:
Department of Natural Resources
Division of Mining, Land & Water
550 West 7th Ave., Suite 650
Anchorage, AK 99501-3576