Skip to content
Back to Top

DNR COVID-19 Economic Relief - UPDATE 9/30/20

To help ease the economic burdens of the COVID-19 response, certain fees charged by the Department of Natural Resources had been suspended, or the payment date extended, between April 1 and May 11, 2020. These steps were taken under authority of either Governor Mike Dunleavy, or the Director of the Division of Mining, Land and Water.

While most of the fee suspensions and payment extensions are continuing, suspension certain fees charged by the Division of Forestry, and the Division of Parks and Outdoor Recreation expired at midnight on Monday, May 11.

The information below lists the divisions that are continuing to suspend or extend their fees, as well as web links, email addresses or phone numbers where you can get details on how to take advantage of continuing economic relief. It also lists the divisions that are ending fee suspensions or extensions, as well as information on how to begin or resume paying such fees.

Division of Forestry (DOF) - EXPIRED

The Division of Forestry has resumed collecting personal firewood cutting permit fees, log salvage permit fees, and fees related to log brands. To obtain and pay for such permits, see below.

  • Personal firewood cutting permit fees
  • Log salvage permit fees - call the Ketchikan area forestry office at (907) 225-3070
  • Fees related to log brands - call the Ketchikan area forestry office at (907) 225-3070

Division of Parks and Outdoor Recreation (DPOR) - EXPIRED

The Division of Parks and Outdoor Recreation has resumed collecting fees for commercial use permits.

Division of Mining, Land & Water (DMLW) - CONTINUING

Individual land buyers, lessees of state land, or permittees who are unable to make their payments should immediately contact the Division of Mining, Land and Water (DMLW) to discuss ways to address their financial hardship and payments due, consistent with the COVID-19 Outbreak Health Order 1: Suspension of Laws and appendix a, or the Director's Finding concerning extensions of certain land sale contract and lease payments. Contact the DMLW by email at or by phone at (907) 269-8594. Thank you.

  • Land sales contract payments
  • Land lease payments
  • Land use permit fees

Division of Agriculture (DOAg) - CONTINUING

  • Borrowers from the Agriculture Revolving Loan Fund (ARLF) who are enduring financial hardship due to the COVID-19 emergency may request forbearance of ARLF loan payments for the duration of the governor’s public health emergency declaration, or until November 15, whichever is earlier. The authority for forbearance comes from SB 241, which the governor signed into law on April 10. Forbearance is not loan forgiveness: all amounts not paid according to current loan schedules are still owed. Those interested in obtaining forbearance may email the completed form for business or individual borrowers to: