September 12, 2012
ALASKA FARM TO SCHOOL CHALLENGE TO BEGIN ON OCT. 1
(Fairbanks, AK) – The public is invited to celebrate National Farm to School Month in October by participating in the Division of Agriculture’s second annual Alaska Farm to School Challenge.
What are the benefits of participating?
• By creating a farm-to-school project for the competition, applicants can win great prizes and publicity for their schools, as well as possible state and national recognition.
•Click HERE for a complete list of prizes and ideas for projects.
Who is eligible?
• Anyone who has engaged in a FTS activity with school kids during August, September, or October of the 2012-2013 school year.
• School principals, teachers, students, school food service staff, community advocates, culinary experts, gardeners, distributors, processors, parents, and more!
Where to apply?
• Applying is quick and easy!
• Click HERE to fill out the electronic application.
• Paper applications available on the Farm to School website.
When can I apply?
• The period to submit electronic applications will begin at 8 a.m. on Monday, Oct. 1 and end at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 31.
• Paper applications will be accepted during the same time frame.
DNR Newsroom: http://dnr.alaska.gov/commis/dnr_newsroom.htm
DNR on Social Media: http://dnr.alaska.gov/commis/dnr_newsroom.htm
DNR Public Information Center: http://dnr.alaska.gov/commis/dnr_newsroom.htm