Canadian Large Projects
Large Mine Project Manager
Red Chris Mine Project
- Project Proponent is Imperial Metals
- • An open pit copper and gold mine operating in the Stikine/Iskut watersheds about 150 miles from Alaska.
- • Construction was completed in October 2014. Production started later that month.
- Trip Report 2017 (September 11-14, 2017)
- Provincial Environmental Assessment
- • Environmental Assessment Report
- • The Environmental Assessment Certificate (EAC) was issued July 21, 2005 ( amended Feb. 24, 2012).
- • The State of Alaska did not participate in the EA process for this project.
- Provincial Permitting
- • Mines Act Permit (M-240)
- • On June 12, 2015, the Ministry of Environment issued an amended EMA permit, which replaces the previously issued interim approval and allows the mine to discharge tailings into the tailings storage facility (TSF) and discharge water from the TSF, subject to water quality guidelines.
- • Archived Monitoring Report
- • Third-Party Environmental Audit Report 2016/2017
- - Appendix A Environmental Monitor Scope of Work
- - Appendix B Permit Clause Checklist 2017
- - Appendix C Evaluation of Annual Report
- • The Discharge and Receiving Environment Monitoring Program for the Red Chris Mine was approved September 23, 2013.