Canadian Large Projects
Large Mine Project Manager
- Project Proponent is Pretivm Resources Inc.
- Proposed underground gold project located approximately 25 miles from Alaska near Brucejack Lake, which drains to the Unuk River via Sulphurets Creek.
- Provincial Environmental Assessment
- • The 180-day environmental review period administered by the B.C. Environmental Assessment Office (EAO) started on August 14, 2014 and concluded with the issuance of the provincial environmental assessment certificate on March 26, 2015. Subject matter experts from the Alaska Departments of Natural Resources (ADNR), Fish and Game (ADF&G), and Environmental Conservation (ADEC) participate in the environmental assessment process as members of technical working groups comprised of provincial, federal Canadian, federal U.S., and Canadian First Nation representatives.
- • State of Alaska comments to the EAO (October 1, 2014)
- • The Environmental Assessment Certificate for Brucejack, along with all of the supporting documentation, may be found here.
- Federal Canadian Environmental Assessment
- • The federal Canadian environmental assessment process is administered by the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (CEAA) and runs concurrently with the provincial assessment. Subject matter experts from the ADNR, ADF&G, and ADEC participated in the federal Canadian environmental assessment process as members of the technical working group comprised of provincial, federal Canadian, federal U.S., and Canadian First Nation representatives.
- • State of Alaska comments to CEAA (October 1, 2014)
- • State of Alaska comments to CEAA (June 11, 2015)
- • CEAA response to State of Alaska (July 30, 2015)
- • Documents related to the federal Canadian environmental assessment for the Brucejack Project may be found here.
- Provincial Permitting